Metal fillings (amalgam fillings) have been used since 1826. While most dental practices nowadays offer tooth-colored composite fillings, people start to wonder “should I replace old metal fillings with new white fillings”? The answer is both yes an
Inchair whitening can give you a whiter and brighter smile within 90 minutes. However, in order to obtain and maintain the best result, there are a few instructions to follow.
Before teeth whitening:
- Schedule a dental clean prior to your whitening (or a clean on the same day if you are a regular dental attendant every 6-12 months)
- Complete all recommended dental treatment within the whitening zone
- Use sensitive toothpaste a week prior (especially if you have sensitive teeth)
After teeth whitening:
- Stay on a white diet – avoid eating or drinking anything dark in color for 7 days (e.g. tomato sauce, red wine, orange etc.)
- Avoid eating or drinking anything too hot or too cold (e.g. hot soup, ice cream etc.)
- Use sensitive toothpaste as provided for at least 7 days
- Avoid any whitening products for at least 3 weeks
Inchair whitening is safe, as long as it is provided by an experienced dental practitioner, and the application process has been monitored. However, a pre-whitening assessment is compulsory to predict the outcome and the possibility of having sensitivity afterwards.